SC - OOP/OT: Twinkies

Rebecca E Tants retants at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 6 06:03:44 PDT 1998

Mike and Pat Luco wrote:

> Talking about PIZZA.  I've heard that it's an American invention, but....  We had the MOST heavenly pizza in Amalfi (south and east of Naples on the
> coast)  It was simple, but absolutely wonderful.  With a thin, hand thrown bread crust cooked on an outdoor wood oven carved into the rocks of the
> cliff.  Godfathers, Domino's, or any other chain can't touch it.  I'd have one again except the delivery charge would be a tad high.
>
> Henri and Antea

Yeah, that's the stuff. Not an American invention by any means, unless you mean deep-dish pizza, which, as I mentioned earlier, is fine food but not
pizza. (Hand-throwing of the dough is absolutely essential, and skilled labor is the one thing the chains never, ever, spend enough money on. You also
need really high-gluten flour.)

Did you get the little salad and the hard-boiled egg with it? Those seem to be the traditional Neapolitan accompaniments. Part of the fun is balancing
all this on your knees as you try to cram the smoking-hot pizza into your face, sitting on the steps outside the centuries-old pizzeria.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com