SC - So ya wanna Twinkie

Jen Lyons lyonsj at bgnet.bgsu.edu
Thu Aug 6 11:46:26 PDT 1998

	Greetings all!
	I have a favorite that I helped design with the SCA in mind.  I found a
display of Hornsbys ciders and it had a large Rhino head.  I was able to
get it from the distributer for a bottle of mead.  I then cut the rims off
3 pound margarine tubs, wrapped them with cloth scraps to make them a
little heavier and pretty.  Had kids trying to toss the rings onto the
Rhinos nose.  It was getting so wild that the kids had to contend with the
"big kids" trying to "horn in" so the kids made a rule that the "big kids"
had to run at the target on their knees.  You should have seen the laughs
when the armoured fools fell down and the kids fell on them.  It was a riot
and everyone had a snoot full of ring the Rhinos nose!
	We have also had bean bag wars between the fastest of the "big kids" and
the little guys.  Armour didn't help the big guys and the kids had a ball
hitting the armoured fools who had to take the hits as if in battle!  Ever
seen a fighter try to die from about twenty hits at one time?  Everyone
laughed at that one.
	Got lots more if you want them
	Balldrich

- ----------
> From: Robyn Probert <robyn.probert at lawpoint.com.au>
> To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
> Subject: Re: SC - Kids and feasts
> Date: August 05, 1998 9:10 AM
>
> At 12:15 5/08/98 +1000, Sianen wrote:
>
> >Speaking along such lines, and I'm sorry to get off topic here. does
anyone
> >know of interesting medieval childrens games that is fairly easy to
learn
> >and understand?  We are running out of games to play (aside from "Pin
the
> >glave on the autocrat' that is =>=>=>)
>
> Always popular here are...
> Blind man's buff - as we still play it
>
> Hoodman's buff - required LOTS of blindfolds/hoods and one person who is
> belled (with a belled belt/sash) inside a ring of keepers. The person who
> the belled person swaps with them.
>
> Beat the kettle - One person is blidfolded and guards an iron kettle (or
> helm) with a boffer, sitting on his/her haunches with the kettle in
front.
> On the floor in front of the kettle, put a wooden spoon. The aim is to
sneak
> in, pick up the spoon, hit the kettle and get out before you get boffed.
If