SC - Pizza Abroad and Madrone CG

Jeanne Stapleton jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
Thu Aug 6 16:56:09 PDT 1998

On pizza abroad:  Australian pizzas do have (on some varieties)
the fried egg in the middle.  But then fried eggs appear n a lot
of things, including hamburgers (which also sport beetroot).

One of the more interesting pizzas we ordered was a "something
dozen", with each of 12 slices a different "flavor" (chicken!
margerita! sausage!) and a fried egg overall.

Madrone CG is indeed a repository of venerable peers--it was
always viewed as a sign of arrival in other reaches to be called and
invited to Culinary Guild.  :-)  But peerage is not a requirement to
participate; just an odd cultural phenomenon.

I'm also willing to participate in a "Twinkie Medivac".

Oh, one more weird question--I think about this every once in
a while when reading not just this list but other food articles, or
listening to people talk.

What is your personal definition of the word "rich" when it comes
to food?

It's one of those weird words that gives me twitches--I have
three or four like that :-) --I guess because the meaning is so
inexact.  The baseline definition would seem to be "something
high in fat".  Why not just say "fatty"?  Others use it to mean
"very sweet", "with lumps of stuff in it", or "filling".

told ya it was weird...

Berengaria

jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
University of Denver