SC - Definition of rich

HICKS, MELISSA HICKS_M at casa.gov.au
Thu Aug 6 17:11:52 PDT 1998

Berengaria said...
<big snip>
>The "new" "sparkling" jellos are all the rage at the moment.

We can't get them here in Ontario yet! Any good?

And then you said...
>One of my favorite things to do with visitors from Australia was to
>take them to the supermarket, especially late at night, when the
>store staff were free to romp through the aisles with them and
>explain products.  I also enjoyed Australian grocery stores.  I miss
>the large "ready mix Thai" sauces and packets--there was a
>fabulous honey-lemon chicken sauce in a jar which was to die for.

I had a horrible time in Mexico shopping. For the first few trips it was an
endeavour just to purchase things. Imagine if you will, someone walking up
and down the aisles looking very intently at the pictures on the cans/jars
wondering WHAT I could do with them. And sometimes confusion reigned in the
produce section.

As for the ready mix Thai stuff, where are you from? They've had that type
of thing here for years. I guess it depends on where you live <sigh>. I will
say tho' that Superstore (Loblaws) is a wonderful experience and I love
shopping there.

I've also heard that you can't get Smarties in the States! Can this be
true?!?!?!?

BTW, Dill Pickle Chips are big here too. (Cda)

Micaylah