SC - do you have any ideas ?

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Thu Aug 6 23:27:28 PDT 1998

Micaylah wrote:

> >You have just made pizza Margarita!!  Don't forget a salad of fresh greens,
> arugula and (again) olive oil with balsamic vinegar.
>
> Sounds like Bruschetta to me. Whats the difference?

Bruschetta is supposed to be a much simpler affair, usually involving rubbing a
heel of bread, or a slice of grilled or toasted bread, with a clove of garlic,
and topping it with olive oil, diced tomato, basil and/or parsley, etc. It is
usually only made on focaccio, and a cooked product, in American restaurants
that want to justify charging six or eight bucks for a small portion ;  ) .

The Italian stonemasons who used to eat bruschetta for lunch in the quarries
would have a really good laugh about some of what is called bruschetta (they
usually have onion on theris, though).

I'd say the only really immutable elements are a bread element of some kind, and
olive oil. Personally, if I'm gonna get as decadent as all that, I'd druther
have a Nicoise pan bagnat.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com