SC - FW: joke for those not at Pennsic

Groulx, Michelle MGroulx at NRCan.gc.ca
Tue Aug 11 08:09:29 PDT 1998

Louise Sugar wrote:

> It was Farfel the dog that appeared with Edgar Bergen (yes Candice Bergen's
> father)_and Charlie Mc Carthy and Jerry Mahoney (the last 2 of whom were
> dummies  ;D)
>
> Now I've proved I am REALLY old  :D

I dunno about that. Maybe you just have a talent for trivial detail (I speaks
as one following the "It takes one to know one" law).

'Cept for one thing. Jerry Mahoney was Paul Winchell's dummy (the other being
Knucklehead Smith, of course). I believe you mean Mortimer Snerd. Bergen had
some others, as well, I recall, but those (Charlie McCarthy and Snerd) were the
two main ones he used.

Now, I'm a mere infant of 36, which, as we all know, is really old, but Bergen
in his prime is before my time.

Geez, the things people will fill their brains with!!! You people are nuts!  ;
) (Anybody want to hear me sing the Astro Boy song?)

Adamantius (joke deflector shields on)
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com