SC - Various stuff

Linda Peterson mirhaxa at swcp.com
Tue Aug 11 14:05:58 PDT 1998

>I have recently been gifed with two large cucumbers, a vegetable I
>nomally don't eat (too bitter), and since Oakheart has a potluck this
>month, I was wondering if someone has a medieval recipe I could use this
>things in and gift it to the rest of the shire. A vege platter isn't an
>option, I've just tried to convince people here to try something more
>adventerous than egg, cheese, roast chicken and vegie platters!
>Beatrix

IIRC, there is a recipe in the Known World Handbook for vinegar marinated
cucumbers that are served in sour cream. Its quite yummy. As well, I believe
there are other recipes around. I have a question tho'. I do not experience
this bitterness you are atributing to cukes? Coiuld they be of a different
variety?

Micaylah