Whats in a name? was Re: SC - Vacation/Training 8/8-8/17

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Aug 11 19:42:02 PDT 1998

>Uh huh. I was thinking the given and surnames don't seem to fit each other
>very
>well. Kind of like Heathcliff Moskowitz (a real person, BTW, an old
>acquaintance of my Mom's). Or maybe like Philip Troy ;  )
>
>Adamantius

That's nothing.  I know some people with some very odd names.  Dwayne Pipe
and Teresa Green are two that spring to mind.  They are both real people.
I have not directly met Mr Dwayne Pipe.  I was working, doing some filing
and someone yelled at me to get the file for Pipe, Dwayne.  There I was
riffling through the files muttering Pipe, Dwayne over and over to myself
and then I realised what the name was.  Making strangled noises I ran into
the tearoom and collapsed with mirth, recovered and nearly lost it again
when I delivered the file to the desk where Mr Dwayne Pipe was waiting
patiently.

He must have thought that I was mad.

- -Sianan

Marina Denton
sianan at geocities.com

		Confidence is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat,
		and taking the tartare sauce with you.

		- Zig Zigler