SC - OT - Re: Whats in a name?

Shari Burnham pndarvis at execpc.com
Wed Aug 12 09:42:56 PDT 1998

In a message dated 8/12/98 6:57:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time, sunnie at exis.net
writes:

<<   A similar
 method to taking chicken or roast that is mostly cooked at a feast and
putting
 them in coolers (no ice, of course).  The meat continues to cook for up to 2
more
 hours in the cooler while you use the oven for other things.  It works great
when
 you have limited oven space.

 Brenna >>
      It does indeed! It's a standard technique in our only-two-oven site. We
do tend to cook things completely first, just to be safe, but it certainly
keeps them hot until they are served. In fact, you have to be a bit careful--I
warped the inner walls of my own cooler (Thank heavens it *was* mine, not
someone else's!) pouring one of Apicus' pork dishes in it while still
bubbling. I wanted to make sure it stayed hot until feast, which it certainly
did! ;-) We have even made bulgur by putting the grain in the cooler and
pouring the hot soaking liquid over it, stirring, and closing it up until it
was needed. Worked beautifully!

               Ldy Diana