SC - Re: Only place to suffer foreign invasion??

melc2newton@juno.com melc2newton at juno.com
Wed Aug 12 13:06:54 PDT 1998

THLRenata at aol.com wrote:

> >>Adamantius, the Mean and Grouchy<<
>
> Thank you, Adamantius, for enlightening and entertaining us while the rest of
> the list is off to Pennsic.

My pleasure. I think...;  )

> Weren't we supposed to get you going on bagels? :D

Yes, but I have expended my weekly quota for food-inspired spleen on pizza and
garum...perhaps another time. Suffice it to say that most of what I said about
pizza (especially the parts about high-gluten flour and the impossibility of
finding any real [in this case, bagels] throughout most of the Continental U.S.)
applies to bagels as well. You can get decent bagels in Israel, some parts of
eastern Europe, Rome, oddly enough, and New York. Probably Miami and environs,
but I'm guessing at that. The best bagels on earth, bar none, are found in
Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Accompanied by fresh home-made cream cheese and lox
sliced before your eyes by an old man whose age is exceeded only by the length
of his knife in inches. No, he is not ten. ;  )

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com