SC - I need some info...

THLRenata@aol.com THLRenata at aol.com
Sun Aug 16 15:55:01 PDT 1998

> I was speaking figuratively, not literally. My first recommendation was to tell
> the bozo to talk to the farmer who grew them if he is concerned about the
> variety of beans. I'd say anyone who would feel so strongly about the bean
> issue jeopardizing their ability to remain in persona would have to be pretty
> hypocritical to leave their persona (assuming they really have one; it's my
> experience that many SCAdians don't, these days) to talk about it.
>
> On the other hand, when an out-of-persona person engages you in an
> out-of-persona conversation, the illusion is, to some extent, spoiled no matter
> what you say in response.

And is it not the appropriate thing to ignore things like that in persona (out of
propriety and persona if not respect).  If confronted with such a crass individual,
why not say, "When I arrived in this fair land, I found these plants growing wilde,
and since my animals ate them with no ill effects, I decided to try them and found
them most appealing."  You stay in persona and hopefully shut down the interloper
at the same time.

Brenna