SC - What's been happening?

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Mon Aug 17 13:35:41 PDT 1998

Some while back, I said off teh top of my head....
>IIRC, there is a recipe in the Known World Handbook for vinegar marinated
>cucumbers that are served in sour cream. Its quite yummy. As well, I
believe
>there are other recipes around. I have a question tho'. I do not experience
>this bitterness you are atributing to cukes? Coiuld they be of a different
>variety?

So then you said....
>Unless the recipe gives its source, it is not safe to assume that just
>because it is in the Known World Handbook it is period. As best I recall
>from reading the recipe article, a lot of them were ethnic recipes which
>pretty clearly had not come from period sources.

	Cariadoc, I am not trying to disrespect you or question your opinion
but I do have a question. If the recipes are not period in the Known World
Handbook then why are they there? (I am just spouting off the top of my head
since I haven't checked the book in years but...) IIRC, since names such as
Baroness Enid of Aurellia,  Dame TSivia and others are credited for these
entries why would they not have given period recipes to be included in the
"bible" as it were for newbies? If this is the case shouldn't these be
replaced by other more period stuff? And if so I'll quite gleefully tap the
wrists of Enid and TSivia for you. :D

	Micaylah