SC - ANNOUNCING!

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Fri Aug 21 05:15:08 PDT 1998

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 16:11:41 +1000 (EST) The Cheshire Cat
<sianan at geocities.com> writes:
<SNIP>
>However, they recently produced a guest list of 347 people.  Here's
where I'm choking a little bit.  Most of the events I've cooked for
usually only hit the 50 - 75 people mark, 100 people tops.  Does any of
the more experience cooks have any advice on how to organise this
'feeding of the masses' and any recipes for nice food, that is reletively
simple and can be mass produced?
Thanks to all
- -A rather desperate Sianan<

1: get a staff of about 40 to 50 kitchen workers that know what they are
doing. Unless you decide on a potluck.
2: make as much of the stuff in advance as you can. A heat and serve
mentality can save much here.
3: expect about 400.
4: BTM: Buffet Table Mentality.
5: Sob quietly in corner. Just kidding, do this loudly.
6: Get a BIG feasting hall with a big MODERN kitchen. Open fire cooking
is a bad idea in this case.
7: Limit the number of recipes cooked to a manageable level.

Korrin S. DaArdain
Kitchen Steward of Household Port Karr
Kingdom of An Tir.
Korrin.DaArdain at Juno.com