SC - HELP!!!!!

Valoise Armstrong vjarmstrong at aristotle.net
Sat Aug 22 08:39:22 PDT 1998

Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 10:26:25 -0500
From: "Decker, Terry D." <TerryD at Health.State.OK.US>
Subject: RE: SC - Roast beef

I've a transcript of Ein Alemannisches Buchlien von guter Speise which has
number of recipes for Braten, nominally roast beef, but with a possible
interpretation of roasts in general.  I haven't translated any of the
recipes yet, so I can't give you any details.

IIRC, the book is mid-15th Century, about a century later than Ein Buch von
Guter Speise.

I haven't found a translation, so I'll probably get to display the
mediocrity of my language skills in translating it.

Bear

upon reading this I was immediately stuck with the similar wards (ger)
"braten" and (english/ang-sax) brawn or braun. They would be pronounced
approximately the same way.

Broke Brawn is (in England) sliced roasts. Brawn is either meat in aspic or
roasted meat, depending upon your century of orientation.

Aoife