SC - I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Karen Evans tyrca at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 23 20:52:54 PDT 1998

Stefan li Rous wrote:
>Speaking of computer problems, I never did manage to get the Pennsic
>class list Excel spreadsheet to download correctly. Did anyone else?

Alys answered me:
>I couldn't download it either and I was the one who sent it to him!
>Next year I hope the class list will be in text format with those
>little highlighted sections so you can download only one category
>(cookery, heraldry, etc.) at a time, if you wish.

I would want to download the complete list anyway. But then I can
find interesting classes in most categories and my interests span
most of the categories. This may not be the case for most people.

What I wanted was the list organised by day. Yes, this was available
in the Pennsic booklet, but I didn't get that until I showed up. The
day by day list lets me see which classes have conflicts for me and
to make a choice. I like doing this before an event rather than in
the confusion and rush of an event.

For this last Pennsic, I simply went through the list I printed out
highlighting the classes I was interested in. Then I went back to
the downloaded list and copied and pasted the entries for the classes
I was interested into a sheet of paper for each of the days I was
going to be at Pennsic. This also gave me space to add other events
like the Cook's list get-together or bardic circles either beforehand
or at Pennsic.

I think the having the bardic circle list available was a good idea.
Perhaps this could be posted on the webpage next year, too.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net

(It may be next Pennsic before I finish reading all the cooking and
other books I bought at Pennsic)