SC - FW: OT Ginger Beer Recipe

CorwynWdwd@aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Mon Aug 24 08:11:08 PDT 1998

Usually, My one big meal at Food Court is a trip to Beast and Boar for their
lamb, however if you saw my post on "The Year of the Lamb" for some reason I
didn't make it this year, never mind that as Chirurgeon, I helped an employee
of "The Fruity Cobbler" and got free food there all War ( I limited myself to
iced tea while on duty) and had a camp full of cooks.

 Their lamb is fairly easy to make- they use legs of lamb, roast them like a
beef roast, and turn up the oven for the last few minutes to high heat for a
crispy crust. They make theirs a bit more well-done than I like- I think lamb
is at its best between rare and medium rare, as it's a rather delicate meat,
but a standard meat thermometer and standard instructions for a good quality,
tender beef roast will get you where you want to be. The two best
herbs/spicings for lamb are garlic and rosemary, if you want to go with more
than salt and pepper. Bay also goes well.

Phlip