SC - Feast profits?

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Aug 24 11:47:16 PDT 1998

In a message dated 8/24/98 12:43:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Barbara.Weiszbrod at SW.Boeing.com writes:

<< Any thoughts?

 Alys. >>

Good for you in insisting it be discarded. Fermenting pork doesn't sppund very
appetizing to me. :-0 There has been many posts suggesting the prepreparation
of feast food. Bread, cakes, cookies, candies, etc. are OK, IMO, but the
precooking of the major feast dishes is risky and should NEVER be done in
advance.

There are two reasons to pre-cook> lack of kitchen facilities and to give the
cook some time 'out of the kitchen'. The first can be dealt with by cooking
the dishes off-site the DAY of the feast and bringing them to the encampment
as close to feast time as is possible. The second reason is irrelevant and of
little merit. Being a Kitchen Steward is in itself a long, grueling and
tiresome task by nature but never the less a task that one must be ready to
bear.

In short, I feel you should pre-prep as little as possible and make everything
on site if at all possible. That is what I do and I am unaware of anyone
getting sick from my cooking. If a person is insisteant on off-site
preparation the feast goers should be made aware of which dishes were prepared
off site to give them the option of NOT partaking of a particular  menu item.

Just my .02.

Ras