SC - Feast profits?

JEANNE STAPLETON jstaplet at du.edu
Mon Aug 24 12:18:19 PDT 1998

Ras Wrote:

> IMO, such a requirement on a SCA corporate level would  effectively
> ban any
> feasts from being prepared and served in virtually the entire eastern
> part of
> the country.

Oh, no.  I was not even suggesting it on a Corporate level.  I was don't
even think that it needs to be a certificate class.  But it would be
good if people that are starting to do feast had access to education
about safe food handling.  One thing that we have to face is that more
and more younger people are not growing up in homes where the mother
does a lot of scratch cooking.  I know a lot of people that start out
helping on feasts that have never touched raw chicken before.

Maybe we should include safe handling classes at Arts & Science events.

I am not looking to add to the beaurocracy of the SCA, honest.  Just
prevent anyone from getting poisoned by well meaning novices.

Alys.