SC - A question of concern...

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Tue Aug 25 08:04:55 PDT 1998

Furthermore, where does one go to get that?  I don't know.  I live in a
big city now, so there is probably one available to me, but what about
all the small towns?  And not everyone can afford to take a class,
whatever the cost.  If only one person took the class, would that person
have to be in the kitchen every event?  What about their feeling of
responsibility if something slips past?

Tell us where to go to find these classes.  Some of us may decide, quite
on our own, to do it just to be better in the feast kitchen, but let's
not make it required.

Regards,

Allison
<<<<<<<<

Ok, I don't think that certification goes along with it, but I do know
that in most areas, large or small, the County Extension Agent is
available with that sort of information.  Our Church Ladies
Organization had the County Agent come teach us a class on food safety
in canning, and we learned a lot, and did not get certificates.  It
was free when we did it.  Perhaps some sort of arrangements could be
made along those lines in smaller areas where no one has had that
experience to teach others.  And it does not involve outside time and
money, but could be included in any sort of collegium setting.

Yes, I realize that the things I wrote are more applicable for the US
than other places, like Canada, Australia, or England (hello, South
Africa) but I would be greatly surprised if there were not some public
information available to the general public.

Tyrca