SC - Celtic Feast Repost--Long

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Tue Aug 25 08:50:42 PDT 1998

Ok, the situation is that your group keeps leftover dry goods with no
date marks and no indication of how old they are, right?  I think that
it is not too bad an idea to keep stuff that has not been used,
especially canned goods and the like that have not been opened.
Spices I can see too, as sometimes it is difficult to buy just a
little.  But I think that all items in the tote should be marked the
date they are put in the tote, and after an arbitrary time limit, say
6 months to a year, they should be "recycled" into the dumpster.

Try to remember that dry goods have a long shelf life, and that not
everything you buy commercially is "fresh", and you really have no
idea when the flour or spices you buy at the grocery were packaged, or
how long they have been on the shelf.  Of course they are better cared
for there, but the idea of "fresh" flour or rolled oats is sometimes
moot.

Tyrca