SC - So I made butter

jeffrey stewart heilveil heilveil at students.uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 25 18:07:08 PDT 1998

Here's an idea:  If what the group is worried about is losing money by the cooks keeping or throwing away items, why not just auction them off at the end of the meal?

Example:  In March I did a "gilded salmon."  The gold leafing cost in the neighborhood of $80 (OUCH!!!) and I only used about half of it.  Now, I wasn't going to keep that for myself; and I knew no one would need it in the near future.

So we auctioned it off the same night and made back almost $40.

I was also thinking about auctioning off the leftover saffron; but by the time myself and one of the crew measured out how much we each wanted to keep and reimbursed the group for it, there wasn't any left...  :-)

Just my US$.02...

	- kat

- ---kat griffith, editor---

This is my business address.  Sending files of over 100K in size to this address will result in my being summarily flogged.