SC - (no subject)

Pagehutch@aol.com Pagehutch at aol.com
Wed Aug 26 05:24:21 PDT 1998

The other problem is that the required quantities (particularly of
flavouring agents like spices) are not in direct proportion when the size
of the dish is increased. I tend to add spices by the 'little bit'
'goodly dash' or 'plenty' type qunatities, as do many cooks. Spreadsheets
don't handle these things very well...

Charles Ragnar

> Micaylah wrote:
>
> > One thing that I find with this type of software is when you go to increment
> > up to, say 400 or so, the ingredients also increment. So a quarter tsp of
> > salt, for example, may just end up being a few cups. I can't think of one
> > incident where anything we cook could even remotely benefit from this
> > amount.
To which Adamantius replied: