SC - Heading to the US

Caitlin Cheannlaidir caitlin at phosphor-ink.com
Wed Aug 26 05:36:23 PDT 1998

> Now, there's an idea, Tyrca!  Get the county agent some garb, invite
> him
> to be a guest at the event...that has possibilities for all sorts of
> outside specialties.

Now I don't think that I would do that.  I am concerned that in some
areas of the country we are borderline legal/illegal in the way we do
feasts.  Not that I think we are a major dissaster waiting to happen but
I dont' think that more than 10% of the kitchens at events in this
kingdom would pass a board of health inspection, so inviting the county
agent to the event is just looking to get someone into trouble.  The
board of health takes it's job very seriously and would it would not
surprise me if they shut a kitchen in the middle of an event because the
chicken is on the counter thawing (and dont' tell me no one does this).
If anyone is thinking of doing this please look into your local laws
before hand to be sure you aren't asking for problems.

Alys D.