SC - Jusselles

RuddR at aol.com RuddR at aol.com
Wed Aug 26 10:34:27 PDT 1998

Ras quotes and asks:

<In a message dated 8/25/98 4:51:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
margali at 99main.com writes:

<< jusselle dates? >>

Documentation, please?>

Pelner-Cosman has a recipe for Jusselle Dates in _Fabulous Feasts_, but, as
with all her recipes, there is no source cited.  In all the research I have
done into the primary sources she used, I have found no medieval receipt for
anything like Jusselle Dates, and I suspect that this is a recipe that she (or
her students or caterers) made up.  If anyone knows otherwise, please let us
know.

Rudd Rayfield