SC - Foods in season and Norman recipes

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Wed Aug 26 12:48:55 PDT 1998

Thanks for the information on the fennel.... love to have an excuse to use the
stuff (I tried it for the first time last year and love it... well the vegetable
anyway.)>  I love the to use fennel seeds when I make sausage.

Have you ever tried the muac'fiol (bad spelling) recipe out of the Early Period
journal? It is essentially pork that is marinated with herbs, garlic and salt
for a day or 2 and then roasted with root veggies. Beer is added during the
middle of cooking to add flavor and make a tasty sauce. Let me know if you'd
like the recipe.
Again, it isn't truely documentable, but it is yum. Had lots of success with it
during feast here.
Meadhbh