[none]

Melissa Martines mmartines at brighthorizons.com
Fri Aug 28 14:29:03 PDT 1998

        Mordonna wrote <snip? How about it, anybody out there with
        experience cooking these dog-sized hares??

     It's been several years, but I have cooked lots of jackrabbits.  My husband
     is an avid hunter, and when we were married 17 years ago, I told him that
     If he could kill and clean it, I could find some way to prepare it. (Me and
     my big mouth!)  The young hares can be cooked like bunnies/chickens.  If
     the hare is old (large in size and fur resists removal) pressure cook or
     stew and keep the broth but throw the meat away.  The last old hare my
     wonderful husband brought home the cooked meat was so tough it was like
     trying to eat hair, but the stock was heavenly.
     Leanna of Sparrowhaven