SC - HELP!!!!!

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 27 17:47:23 PDT 1998

> I must say that I agree whole heartedly! I know that
> most of us who actively pursue cooking as a pasttime,
> become clean fanatics. But I would venture that every
> cooking guild might give thought to attending food
> saftey classes. The profits from a feast could easily
> be earmarked to cover the cost.
>
> Wolfger von Sibenburgen
> Shire of Mooneschadowe
> Ansteorra

Like many here, my food handling knowledge comes from working in commercial
kitchens, and from my own personal study as a parent and a hobby chef even
before SCA.  Most everyone I've been in the kitchen with at events has similar
background, and is more than willing to inform the inexperienced volunteer
they see practicing poor habits. I wouldn't mind taking a class in food
safety, it would be especially neat if I could convince my canton to pay for
it.  However, saddling the cook with a licensing _requirement_ seems a bit
much.

Chiurgeons are in charge of first aid and safety. If the original poster is
truly concerned about the topic, he should see if the local Chirugeon would be
interested in helping research and teach a class in the topic. The information
is also useful to those bringing in their own food to eat off-board. Teaching
all is much more useful than licensing a few.

Bonne