SC - courts running long

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 3 18:23:48 PDT 1998

> On the timetable front, we often break up courts with food or entertainment,
> because it is hard to sit through hours of court in a stretch. This is only
> possible in big halls, so we hire big halls so we can feed 350 and still
> have space for court!

I'm sure if there were halls big enough on sites big enough, we would do so as
well.  Most of our events seem to be as summer camps in the area, or lands
owned by places like the Optimist club.  They seat around 200, but have the
land outside for parking, camping and fighting.  Bigger halls are to be had,
in town, but without room for the outdoor activities.

more worrisome is the fact that this area is growing so quickly.  14 years ago
I thought the YMCA's camp was too incredibly far out of town when my emplyer
used it for a office picnic site. This past winter, I discovered large
portions of the road are four-laned, and that which isn't does at least have
paved shoulders and it's been straightened a bit. No longer the twisty
two-lane country road, winding between farms and woodland. There's
sub-divisions up to it's very gate! Surely the land is going to be too
expensive for the Y not to sell it soon. And then what will we do?

Bonne