SC - Kids and feasts

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Wed Aug 5 03:31:08 PDT 1998

Robyn Probert wrote:

> At 12:15 5/08/98 +1000, Sianen wrote:
>
> >Speaking along such lines, and I'm sorry to get off topic here. does anyone
> >know of interesting medieval childrens games that is fairly easy to learn
> >and understand?  We are running out of games to play (aside from "Pin the
> >glave on the autocrat' that is =>=>=>)

Try the unicorn ringtoss game (easy to construct).

Also, catch the dragon's tail which is a conga line that twists as the center
tries to keep the front from catching the tail.

The tangle brawl is a great kid's game/dance.  They love it.

You can joust on parentback (with pillows) for the really smalls.

Blinfold two (or more) children, put bells on belts or bracelets and give them
pillows to have a blind-man's bluff pillow fight.  The brawl is great if you can
come up with enough bells and blindfolds, but it can be unorganized or even
elimination style.

Boffer tourneys!

A ring (large like a hula hoop) in a bowling-style game (knocking over castles
made from milk cartons).

Crouquet.

I'll try to think of more.  Obviously, not all are period, but are per-iod.

Brenna