SC - Kids and feasts

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Aug 5 07:20:20 PDT 1998

> I know I posted about a children's feast but, I can only recall one or two my
> entire time here in Ansteorra.... and I have been playing since the late 1980s
> in this kingdom.  Most of the time the children eat with their parents.  I even
> know some kids (a 5 yr old at that) that loves period foods... guess it helps
> his mom is a cook.
>
> meadhbh

I did a seperate children's feast at Mahdi's Coronation. It was served in the
seperate children's area a bit before the main feast. I did the usual terrible
practice of serving them "kid food" (spaghetti-O's, hot dogs, and pudding) but
that was the "thumbs up" I got from the kids I asked. Children were also allowed
to eat the feast with their parents if they desired. Since there was no charge
for either feast it was no hardship on anyone.

As far as period food goes, I've found kids like the "weird tastes" of period
dishes. An example that comes immedietly to mind was when I served a Blanche
Porrey at an outdoor feast. Everyone liked it but the kids really loved the
fact that it had cinnamon in it.

I've warehoused Master A's note on serving period foods to children as a reminder
of the next feast I do.

Yers,

Gunthar