SC - Views on British Food

THLRenata at aol.com THLRenata at aol.com
Thu Aug 6 09:07:53 PDT 1998

Adamantius writes:

>>since very few places in America grasp the basic
concept either. They make some very nice dishes _called_ pizza in places like
California and the Chicago area. They just aren't pizza.<<

So, tell us, Master A -- just what *is* pizza?

Granted, one of the best pizzas I ever ate was in Venice, Italy (as opposed to
Venice, CA, where I've also had good pizza) but aside from my chosen topping
- -- fresh mussels steamed in wine -- it was not all that different from other
pizzas I've had before or since.

Renata