SC - re: seating by precedence

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Thu Aug 6 15:25:06 PDT 1998

I have, in  my english[yech, ptui] copy of Larousse Gastronomie a spiffy picture of  a renaissance feast  with 20 or so people, each seated around the perimeter of a huge set of tables set up in a U shape, each with their own footman, table  settings, nef and  the whole  schmere. I would love to   recreate
oneof these  high court dinners-say a nice evening  with Catherine Di Medici. Unfortunately I once sat down  and figured out  a  menu and  ingredient list- it would cost each  diner 250$american.Talk about an unrealistic feast idea...
margali