Subject: SC - re Smarties

kat kat at kagan.com
Fri Aug 7 13:38:37 PDT 1998

Kiriel writes:

> Our smarties are kind of like m&ms but yummier.  They come in all
> the colours of the rainbow.

Now, I never had that much affinity for the Smarties--I found the candy shell too thick, and decided I preferred M&M's.  But oh, for a real Crunchie bar... or a Cadbury Flake!!!  <dreamy sigh>

Of course, my absolute favorite thing--at least, at age 14 when I spent the summer in Ireland--was this woooonderful thing called a "99."  It was basically a soft-serve ice cream cone with a little miniature Flake bar stuck in it.  Ohhhh, to die for!!!  :-)  Happy memories, those.

(For a few years, until my aunt Louise passed away, my parents were going to Minnesota every other year.  My mom, bless her heart, would faithfully cross the border into Canada and spend $20 or so buying me a stash of Crunchie bars; then either send them or bring them to me as soon as she could.  I am truly loved. :-) )

Thanks for letting me reminisce.

	- kat