SC - Various stuff

Jeanne Stapleton jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
Tue Aug 11 10:31:07 PDT 1998

Chocodiles...I remember them.  Only tried them once, though.
since hitting 18, chocolate is generally too sweet for me to
handle in large quantities unless cut with mint or lemon in some
fashion.

I'm the one with the passion for Tiger Tails and raspberry
dolly Madisons...red dye and all.  i eat them about twice a
year, though.

I agree that Mario Nebbitts is a name well worth being made
fun of.

Food controlling behaviors:  it's bad enough when parents do it,
but imagine when a boyfriend attempts it.  Isn't it it interesting
how some believe themselves to be quirk-free when it comes to
food preferences and behaviors, but aren't, taken objectively?
We all have quirks and have tried putting unusual food combi-
nations together and liked them...Lady Eden in Madrone introduced
me to the notion of blue cheese dressing on a baked potato.
No reason why not, and it's rather good, but it had never occurred
to me before.

Unusual cooking methods:  a famed one in Alaska, one that I've
even seen in a couple of the touristy cookbooks, is the "salmon
cooked in foil during the dishwasher cycle".  The principle is
simple: whole salmon, dressed/stuffed according to the way you
want it, tight foil wrapper (those new hot bags would work really
well), one normal dishwasher cycle including heat dry,  Voila,
dinner is served.

Variation is to put the foil wrapped salmon on your car engine
and drive somewhere, but I don't remember for how long.  I never
tried that one.

Berengaria

jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
University of Denver