SC - SC-Clafoutis?

Jen Lyons lyonsj at bgnet.bgsu.edu
Tue Aug 11 09:52:57 PDT 1998

On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Deborah J Hammons wrote:

> Yesterday I went to a bistro/cafe type eatery in Ft. Collins, Colorado.
> They served a warm dessert dish that they had on the menu as "medieval"
> and the recipe over 500 years old.  The cook said it "should" be of
> french origin.  Any ideas?  This particular one was sliced peaches on the
> bottom, with a pancake like covering.

Clafouti is from France, indeed... I believe the Limousin region.  (The
Limousin region is right below the Center region, which houses Paris, and
next to Auvergne, if I remember correctly.  I took French for seven years
and used to know lots about geography there, but... well, let's just say
it's slipping!)

I can't speak for its age, although I could look for information and will
post what I find.

Jen

 Unix IS user friendly.  It's just picky about who its friends are.