Whats in a name? was Re: SC - Vacation/Training 8/8-8/17

Glenda Robinson glendar at compassnet.com.au
Wed Aug 12 16:45:53 PDT 1998

I can't resist either...

My best friend at schools father went to school with a Robert Pinn (Bobby).
A reenactor, whose surname is Tart (and she has had a wonderful time with
that over the years "Surname please" "Tart" "Excuse me?") married another
reenactor whose surname is Green. Many have thought she should hyphenate to
Green-Tart, but she steadfastly sticks to her maiden name.
My Husband Wayne (Robinson) has a middle initial K, making, by a stretch of
schoolboy imagination, WayneKR. He thought that was bad until he met a guy
through work whose name actually WAS Wayne Carr. Poor bloke.
My own maiden name was Keen. Whenever people say to me "You're keen", I
usually reply "No. But I was". Confuses the stuffing out of some.
A long-time family friend of mine has a father called Bob. Whenever anyone
says "... and Bob's your Uncle", she replies "No. He's my father". Similar
confusion abounds!

Glenda.
Glenda Robinson
Flamberge Computer Services