SC - Did they really eat that?

Thu Aug 13 16:51:54 PDT 1998

> Here in Sunny Florida, in several bagel & pizza "hotspots," the snowbirds
> swear that the water makes the difference and inport the dough made in New
> York for both bagels and pizza down here to be cooked up.  Having lived
> all
> over, I can't
> honestly say the difference in taste justifies the price they charge.
>

> I've had good and bad pizza and bagels all over.
>
> Just had to pop a word in - Sister Mary Endoline

Other than heavily mineralized water, the only noticeable difference I ever
found was in Olympia beer.  The original was made from an artesian well in
Tumwater, WA.  It was only available in the Northwest and was palatable even
at 3.2%.  The brewery got bought out by one of the majors and they started
making and marketing it all over.  The taste just wasn't the same.

Here in Oklahoma, "snowbirds" are anybody from up North (Minnesota, the
Dakotas, Nebraska, Canada, etc.) passing through on their way to winter down
around Padre Island.  They are identifiable by their big, fancy trucks,
house trailers, and RVs sporting out of state tags.  they usually start
appearing right after the harvest.

Bear