SC - Bagels - was: Did they really eat that?

Fri Aug 14 04:55:58 PDT 1998

> Steamingalso
> >sounds interesting.
> >
> >Bear
>
> My dad found a trick for steaming in ovens, throw in three ice cubes. It
> produced less instant steam than a cup of water and let him get the oven
> door shut before it escaped.
>
> Korrin S. DaArdain

Now, that's a useful trick.  However, I won't use it in this case, since
what we are talking about is replacing a boiling water bath before baking
with a steaming before baking.  It might be interesting to run three batches
of bagels sometime, boiled, steamed and moist oven baked without boiling or
steaming, just to see what the differences are.

Bear