SC - SC-green beans?

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Aug 16 07:22:01 PDT 1998

Korrin S DaArdain wrote:

> But how would you know that it was not period to point out that
> pointing out that things aren't period isn't period. In other words, if
> you are trying to stay in period and you point out the pointing you have
> taken the bait and stepped out of period to point this out. Thus you have
> pointed out to the crass person that you are just as crass as they are.

I was speaking figuratively, not literally. My first recommendation was to tell
the bozo to talk to the farmer who grew them if he is concerned about the
variety of beans. I'd say anyone who would feel so strongly about the bean
issue jeopardizing their ability to remain in persona would have to be pretty
hypocritical to leave their persona (assuming they really have one; it's my
experience that many SCAdians don't, these days) to talk about it.

On the other hand, when an out-of-persona person engages you in an
out-of-persona conversation, the illusion is, to some extent, spoiled no matter
what you say in response.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com