SC - I need some info...

Mon Aug 17 07:11:45 PDT 1998

> At 11:29 15/08/98 -0700, Balldrich wrote:
> >	Micaylah, I special ordered through Waldenbooks for $30.00 and got
> it in
> >about a week, with tax and discounts I paid about $31.50.  Add postage
> and
> >an address if that helps and I'll send it!
>
> With postage to Australia, I guess $70 is "reasonable". Sigh...
>
> Rowan

The currency exchange rate as of 12 August is  USD 1 = AUD 1.67 and USD 1 =
CD 1.51.  The list price of "The Medieval Kitchen" is $32.50 US.  So a
direct conversion of the US price is 54.28 AUD and 49.08 CD.  Because of
currency fluctuations, the actual price will be set higher.

I don't know about the tax structure, but if Austrailia has a VAT, then the
difference could be significant.  You might want to check with:

James Bennett Pty Ltd.
3 Narabang Way
Belrose NSW 2085

(02) 9986 7000

They are the Austrailian distributors.

Other than that, a Visa or MasterCard purchase through a discount US
bookseller would probably give you the best of taxes and exchange rate
against the postal rate.

Bear