SC - I need some info...

melc2newton at juno.com melc2newton at juno.com
Mon Aug 17 09:12:19 PDT 1998

On Mon, 17 Aug 1998 11:17:26 +1000 (EST) The Cheshire Cat
<sianan at geocities.com> writes:>
>As a birthday present I got a copy of a book called The Medieval
>Cookbook
>by Maggie Black.  With a glance it doesn't look too bad.  It includes
>all
>the originals and the redactions are understandable.  It aslo gives a
>fair
>bit of history and bibliography.  Does anyone else have it?  and if so
>what
>are their opinions on this one?  I don't own that many medievl cookery
>books so I can't form a really good opinion and compare to others of
>similar nature.
>Thanx
>-Sianan

I found a copy at the Ozark Tech College's library and I thought it was a
very good book. Not only does it have the originals in it, but I thought
Maggie did a good job in picking recipes that people just starting to
cook , or starting to cook medievally, would not be afraid to try.(a
problem I'm trying to solve at my own shire)
Beatrix