SC - RE: sca-cooks V1 #883

Gedney, Jeff gedje01 at mail.cai.com
Tue Aug 18 10:17:17 PDT 1998

> It's been a bad summer for SCA cooks, I guess.  I had back surgery on June
> 17.
> Will start back to work hopefully Aug. 31, half days.  All I did was mow a
> lawn not even 20' x 60.'
> Early one Sunday morning.  By Sunday night my left leg hurt so bad I
> couldn't
> use the clutch on my pickup truck or walk more than fifty feet.  By Monday
> morning, I couldn't get out of bed.  At least now I am no longer
> bedridden.
> Still have no stamina, though.  It's coming back, slowly.
>
> Mordonna

Oooh, I remember my back surgery...
6 years ago and still I have bad mornings.   You will need more than rest,
though.  Get to (and apply) your therapy regularly, and don't be lazy. I
was, and I blew it off, and I am now in regular and chronic pain, because I
was not careful in the first two years after surgery, while the scar tissue
was forming and hardening. I urge you not to make that mistake!

Take care!
Brandu