SC - Too much work (Was: Tastes of Britain Class Notes)

Rebecca E Tants retants at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 19 09:59:28 PDT 1998

Well, we are now in the double digets and climbing for copies of the
class notes.

Mistress Christianna (sorry if I spelled that wrong):

Is the reason you are photocopying it because you only have hard copy?
If that's the case but it is mostly typed, I can probably OCR the
document into on-line text and then distribute it as a .zip file.  (you
did say 25 pages, right?)

Anyway, if that would help, you could then just send (or fax) one copy
to me and I can work on it from there.  If that won't help, then please
count me in for a copy as well....(you should be up into bulk discount
by now.... :-)

Caitlen Ruadh, one of the list resident Geeks!

(For non techies - OCR is Optical Character Recognition and lets you
scan in a document and get's the computer to read it and turn it into
text instead of storing it as a picture.  It works best with typed
pages, since handwriting is notoriously inconsistant.  A .zip file is a
compression technology that allows you to transfer formatted documents
like Microsoft Word over the internet as email attachments more easily
and consistantly.)