SC - Pizza-Is it Period?

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Aug 19 14:19:08 PDT 1998

In a message dated 8/19/98 1:03:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jstaplet at du.edu
writes:

<<  it had a bit of tomato paste, a sprinkling of cheese
 and herbs--mostly oregano by the taste of it. >>

Much as I would like to know, on a global scale, the locations of the
restaurants that consistantly produce a superior version of 'modern' style
pizza, I was wondering if it would be possible to bring the conversation back
around to discussing the period style pizza or it's medieval equivalent?

I have heard it mentioned for several years now that the modern style white
pizza is basically 'period'. White pizza is IIRC, olive oil, garlic and
freshly grated parmesan cheese topping a flat bread.. It's variations are
many.

Does anyone on the list know of any documentation confirming white pizza as a
period dish? If so, would you be so kind as to forward it to me or let me know
the sources? I hvae little problem figuring out most European languages so
non-English sources are OK but not preferred.

If this has already been posted, my apologies to the list. My mail load since
I returned to Pennsic is staggering and I am only now beginning to sort
through it. My private e-mail should have the word Private in the  subject for
quicker responce. Thanks in advance.