SC - OOP-off thread

William Seibert a14h at zebra.net
Wed Aug 19 14:58:39 PDT 1998

Had someone send me this, and I thought of all ya'll in Ansteorra
would appreciate it.
WAJDI

YOU KNOW YOU'RE IN TEXAS WHEN...

You no longer associate bridges (or rivers) with water...

You can say 110 degrees without fainting...

You eat hot chili to cool your mouth off...

You discover that in July, it takes only 2 fingers to drive your
car...

You can make sun tea instantly...

You learn that a seat belt makes a pretty good branding iron...

You notice the best parking place is determined by shade instead
of
distance...

Hotter water comes from the cold water tap than the hot one...

It's noon in July, kids are on summer vacation, and not one
person is
moving on the streets...

You actually burn your hand opening the car door...

Sunscreen is sold year round, kept at the front of the checkout
counter...

A formula less than 30 SPF is a joke and you only wear that to go
to the
corner store...

Hot air balloons can't go up...

No one would dream of putting vinyl upholstery in a car...

Your biggest bicycle wreck fear: "What if I get knocked out and
lie on the
pavement and cook to death?"

You notice your radiator is overheating, before you start your
car.

The thermometer in the lid of your Bar-B-Que Grill shows 150
degrees F,
before you light it.

You know a swamp cooler is not a happy hour drink.

You run the house a/c in the middle of winter so you can use your

fireplace.

You see two trees fighting over a dog.

You realize that asphalt has a liquid state.