SC - Celtic Feast Repost--Long

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Tue Aug 25 17:01:30 PDT 1998

In a message dated 8/25/98 6:52:10 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
mmartines at brighthorizons.com writes:

<<   I basically adhere to the belief that the Normans brought RABBIT
 over, but there are several descriptions of the Celts eating HARE (which
 of course, is not available in Tennessee or Pennsylvania), >>

Hey!  They aren't common there, certainly, but out west here, we have Jack
Rabbits, which ARE hares.  Everyone I have talked to out here about cooking
the critters says no one has tried it because it isn't worth the effort.  I'll
even allow that they might be a touch stringier, and leaner than cottontails,
but they are a LOT bigger than cottontails, too.  I'll bet they aren't THAT
much different in taste and texture.

How about it, anybody out there with experience cooking these dog-sized
hares??

Mordonna (sneakin' across the desert with a Corn Knife hid behind my back,
hoping to come across a BIG bunny rabbit)