SC - A question of concern...

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Aug 25 22:09:28 PDT 1998

Micaylah asked:

The first thing I would like to know is whether or not this is a common
practise in other groups. We have in this Canton a box of spices and herbs,
flours, other dried goods and various snippets and hoeys kept in a rough
tote for kitchen stewards to use at their disposal for events and other
requirements. It gets brought to light, oh probably, three times a year max.
It lives in an old basement for the remainder of the time. I have a real,
real problem with this. Am I the only one who does?

Our barony used to do this. However, a couple of years ago, several bunches
of garlic ended up stored in a tightly sealed container next to a large
plastic bottle of honey.

After this episode, it was decided to drastically reduce the storage
of food items between events.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net