SC - Foods in season and Norman recipes

Claricia Nyetgale Erin.Kenny at sofkin.ca
Wed Aug 26 06:36:16 PDT 1998

Ok, I'm cooking a feast for 200ish on November 4th and I'd like to
make it as period as possible.  My big question is, how do I know
what would have been in season at this point in the year?  We can get
apples, oranges and eggs (to name a few items) year round, so I don't
really have a very good sense as to what is available when.  Can
anyone point me in the right direction on this one?

Also, our soon-to-be King and Queen (Coronation is 2 weeks before my
feast) are both Norman.  Do we even have any Norman cookbooks or
should I just go with what I've got (cookbook wise, that is)?

Thanks.

Claricia Nyetgale
  cheerfully browsing through Cury on Inglisch and dreaming of a
feast