Icky foods- was Re: SC - HELP!!!!!

PhlipinA at aol.com PhlipinA at aol.com
Thu Aug 27 11:57:31 PDT 1998

In a message dated 8/27/98 2:35:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Mordonna22 at aol.com writes:

<< Don't see how anybody who has a problem with "icky" things can try to cook
and
 enjoy period foods.

 Mordonna >>

A lady after my own heart. People who aren't willing to try something new
cheat themselves far more than they know. Yes, it's irritating to those of us
who do know, particularly when we're trying to cook for them and they come up
with imaginary allergies, but in the long run, they're the losers. Where would
we be if people refused to try "rotten milk" i.e. cheese, particularly some of
the moldy ones, like Bleu Cheese? How about all of the other fermented foods,
like pickles, beer, wine ? Even hundred year old eggs? A Smithfield ham is
kept for a year before it is deemed suitable for sale, let alone eating. Yes,
we should be careful about certain types of food contamination, but there are
many which enhance the product, rather than making it unfit for human
consumption. I think what people need is a bit more education on the subject,
combined with an open mind. Closed minds are their own punishment.

Phlip