SC - Gotta quick question

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Aug 29 21:43:08 PDT 1998

Micaylah wrote:

> Hi the List...
>
> Just a quick question...
>
> Can I freeze a salad dressing with oilive and canola oils in it? Don't want
> to come across too stupid but better safe than...
>
> Thanks
>
> Micaylah

Uh, yeah, you can, but why would you want to? Most vinaigrettes will keep at
least a few days without refrigeration (at least those without eggs or cream,
etc., which means, well, almost all). Added to that is the fact that when you
freeze such a sauce you will lose any emulsification between water (vinegar,
lemon, etc.) phase and oil phase. It would probably be easier to just make the
stuff on site. Find somebody who fights with a mace or a short sword, hand
this person a whisk and set him/her to work!

Adamantius